Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ridiculousness...


Look at the headlines....



"Join people.com at 5 am for everything royal wedding"...(ya no...i don't join work at 5 am anymore because I don't do 5 am...thanks for the offer though).



"Who's who at the Queen's exclusive dinner"...(um...I don't think I was invited...)



"5 things to watch for at the royal wedding"...(#1 a white dress...#2 a prince or several...#3 someone will undoubtedly pick their nose...#4 there will be flowers...#5 someone in attendance will regret being there)



"Prince William: I hope I'm not too nervous"...(just like every other groom, you will be)



"Prince William to wear striking Irish Guard uniform at wedding"...(well I guess that's better than a Scottish kilt in the Scottish way)



"Kate Middleton 'confident' doing her own makeup"...(good for you...I'm pretty confident in doing my own too...and in 5 minutes or less...yay us!)



"see how the couple spent their last evening apart before the big day"...(uh...why?)




Seriously...I know a "royal wedding" is a big deal...say in England. I mean, we aren't a territory of England any more...these people are not our BFFs...why should we care how many times they passed gas today??



I understand back in the day...like back back in the day...when the fate of the peace of the world rested upon who was in the monarchy. I mean who the future king married mattered, but it was more of a political decision than for love. They married to make sure they were at peace with a certain country and monarchs used their children as pawns in their political game. Not anymore...

The headlines are funny...I didn't realize Prince William was the most eligible bachelor...shoot...I missed my chance at being a princess...did any of you really think you were in line? I've never met the guy.



The media is out of control...we weren't really invited to the wedding, yet we're privy to every detail, like it or not. The news shows are innundated with one thing after another involving the "wedding". It's too much. Maybe they'll have a reality show..."william and kate plus the queen mum"...ya probably not...well hopefully not.



Our culture honestly has gotten to the point where we need to mind our own business...we think that we deserve to know about everyone's lives...from strangers on the "Real World" to wannabe singers on "American Idol" to a Prince from England.

Everything surrounds this wedding...even this blog today lol. Hopefully soon it'll be over and we can get back to our normal lives of eavesdropping on "7 strangers" and "Audrina" and all the other "real" people in our lives...until then...enjoy your royal wedding...I think I'm not gonna attend....xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment