Friday, April 22, 2011

I'm fine...thanks for asking...lol

So...it's been a while. Sorry about that...caught a little strep bug and was super busy this week...and slept a lot when I wasn't...


So today, I'm going to blog about something that has happened to me about 4 times in the last two weeks...


Do you have family members that are "famous"?? LOL...I apparently do. It has happened ever since we became adults, but now that I'm around more, it happens more...it used to offend me a little, but now I think it's really really funny....let me tell you about it...


Well, the first time it happened I was in a store checking out...the lady didn't say much to me except for the price. When I gave her my credit card, she looked at my name and said, "Hey, how's your brother?" I gave my standard response to that question...'which one?' Of course usually it's the one who doesn't live here, but sometimes not.


You can tell if it's someone who doesn't really know my family, just my brothers, because when I say "which one" they get really confused...sometimes they say, "Um...your brother." like I'm slow..."um ya there are two"...My other favorite response is, "your older brother." What?!? I have an older brother?? Shoot then there are 3...ya I don't have an older brother. One's older than the other of course, but I'm the oldest. Of course, I know they are talking about the big ol' brother bear there because one is bigger than the other so they assume he's older than all of us.


I think it's funny 'cause usually they don't once ask me how I am or what I'm doing...lol...conversations generally surround what they are doing. Sometimes I hear "Hey, you're Hillman's sister...I partied with your brother yesterday." I know which one they are talking about....that's brother bear again....

"What's your little brother doing?" always refers to Jon-boy...'cause no one would refer to the other one as little.


It happens everywhere...church, work, stores...it's cool though. I mean I didn't even know the lady in the store, so why would she care what I was doing? lol.


It happened again the other night...someone called to ask me when my brother was coming home...um...I have no idea...he doesn't clear his travel plans through my travel agency...lol. (They did go on to talk to me for a little bit...so it was okay.)


I did have someone come up to me recently to ask me how I was doing...sort of. I was at church and someone came up and said, "Hey! Good to see you! How's Oklahoma City?" I thought that was a weird question, but I had been there in the last month, so I answered, "It's good..." I mean to my knowledge there aren't any out of the ordinary things that would make it not good lol. Then that person asked, "where are you working now?" Not a weird question 'cause I changed jobs in the last 2 weeks. "At a doctor's office." He said, "That's good...is it a single practice or several doctors?" I told him the name of the doctor (a local doctor) and pointed in that general direction. He looked puzzled and said, "Oh...I thought you moved..." I said, "no"...and he walked away...dang I guess I'd be cooler if I lived somewhere else too....lol


Now don't get me wrong I love my brother people...I just find this funny 'cause it happens all the time. You can still come up to me and ask me about my brothers, but hey, ask me about me too, ok?



On another subject...I'm older than I look...apparently...it's kind of flattering I guess, but I'm not old enough to really care yet, I don't think. I had a patient this week that saw the "RN" on my name badge from the hospital...


"You're new...you don't look old enough to be an RN though" she said.

While I'm not sure how old an RN is supposed to be or look, I answered...
"I'm 34."

She said, "Wow...that will come in handy one day!"

"What will?" I asked

"Looking a lot younger than you are."

hmmm...I'll take that as a compliment I guess...lol

Well, that's it...I gotta go to bed early, 'cause I'm heading back to the pit in the morning for the weekend...we'll see how 13 full days of work goes...yikes.

For now...xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment