Saturday, April 9, 2011

all matters of fun and nonsense...

What I've been up to this week....if you wanted to know...



Well...first off I have acquired this that was the specialty board in the play, "Death by Chocolate"...I like it...I decided to put it in my kitchen. It was written on by chalk and I decided I was going to cover it with Modge Podge to protect it...um...dumb move (lol)...Modge Podge being a wet substance, like other wet substances...say water, completely erased my words...lol DUH! Oh man...I can't believe I never gave that a thought...it seemed like such a good idea before I did it...so I took some paint and fixed it...but still...word to the wise (like you probably need it) don't cover chalk with anything wet...lol


So anyway...someone asked me to make them some clip on earrings...so I did...not that they are anything spectacular but you may look...lol...that occupied about 5 minutes of my week...











Next project ahead....well I decided to make a dishrag...I got some yarn for my birthday (ya I'm older again)...and I used this checkerboard pattern that I am fond of...I kinda like it...it could probably be a washrag...who knows...I like to color too...










*didn't make it...but here you go*


Well, as I said, this week contained my birthday (Thursday) and I received a WoodWick candle (not this one, but a scrumptious peach one)...I've always wondered about them and I have several diffusers that I love...after I got the peach one, which I have in my bathroom, I bought this green one which I put in my kitchen...yum! They both smell amazing...and I like the way they sound like a fireplace...


**speaking of fire...pray for rain if you think about it...this part of the country is way too dry and there have been way too many fires...WE NEED RAIN!





One last thing I've been up to (no not seeing the worlds most beautiful baby again...I wish...but that will have to wait for next month)...I've been creating some more of these fabulous flowers...eventually I'll probably put them on etsy, but I haven't gotten it accomplished yet. I've been trying different patterns and I have some that are only 2 levels, which are also lovely...pretty much anything would look cute on this baby's head, but they are super cute if I do say so myself lol.


Well...that's about it...tomorrow I have to go to work and then Monday I start at my new jobbie!! Excited...praying that it will be enjoyable...at least most of the time...I'm looking forward to something new...even if I'll miss the old...new adventures.


That's all from the nut farm...xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. sigh... I wish I could crochet.... You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you could crochet...I taught myself pretty much...it's just a matter of learning the basic stitches and reading a pattern...once you get those, you can go off pattern and do whatever...youtube has tons of videos lol.

    ReplyDelete