Wednesday, May 4, 2011

what a difference a year makes...

so....I was thinking about life today...you know you do it too...and I was thinking about how many things have changed in the last few years...mostly this year...so I'm gonna hit you up on the highlights...I know you are excited. (you will also be excited to know it has nothing to do with weddings or terrorists...though those things have changed too.)


#1...I graduated from RN school...ya that's right, I'm a fully fledged RN and almost a grown-up. Notice I say 'almost' because I refuse to fully grow up. You know how ol' Charlie Dickens said "it was the best of times it was the worst of times"? I'm pretty sure he was talking about nursing school. Man, that was the hardest 2 years of my life, but danged if I didn't make some great friends and I kinda miss it. (not the studying though...my brain may never recover).





#2...Along those same lines...my jobbie has changed in the last year. First, at the nursing home, I found a love for those elderly people who make you laugh and frustrate the dickens out of you all in the same moment. They taught me stuff, and also made me sad with their passing. But, alas things keep on a changin' and now I work at a Dr's office where I get to sleep in 'til 7 and have a great time at work (most of the time). The days just keep flyin' by...still learning new things...still having fun.


#3...my little brother became a dad...I know you are shocked by this, but he is old enough and he is married...lol. In October, we got to meet this little girl, Ellarie Paige and as you can see, she had her daddy wrapped around her finger from day 1. Man, I like this kid...if you haven't noticed. I wish I could see her everyday.




and of course, Miss Ellarie has done some growin' and a changin'...I'm sure that she'll have done some more this weekend when we go see her. Of course, you'll see pictures...you know I'm not shy with the pics.


#4...because of sweet Ellarie, my other brother ACTUALLY HELD A BABY!! What?!?! Ya I know, but here's photographic evidence. (Note...no baby was harmed in the making of this picture and neither one of them cried.)



#5...it's been about a year since an unfortunate incident with a broken gate latch and a driver driving way too fast down a road and a puppy not having been in the world enough to know...Maggie Mae...I still kinda miss ya.



#6...I started a blog. As it turns out, this one...where I get to tell you things you may or may not care about...but the good thing about blog land is if you don't care, there's a handy dandy little "x" at the top right hand corner...and I won't even know if you click it...lol



#7...I learned to crochet...and you have been subjected to my creations ever since. Basically I got bored one day and figured it out...and have been figuring out new things ever since...don't worry, i'm sure there are more to come...though currently I'm giving my sewing machine a workout...You know, it comes in cycles...

#8...finally...well i don't really have anything else, but I really have this thing with odd numbers, so I'm gonna come up with something...I got nothing..but hey I survived another year...so that's something! lol...not really a change, but hey...the world keeps spinning and I'm still on it...BONUS...


well, I hope you enjoyed a little glimpse into my world...really I couldn't think of anything to blog about today and since it's been a couple of days, I figured the one or two people reading it might be looking for something by now ;) lol...j/k.


If you're in the Panhandle area, you already know it's Pioneer Days...um...feel free to partake in the festivities...I'm jetting out of town...Thank you Ellarie for an excuse to miss P.D. Ya, I'm a spoilie sport. I'd also like to give a shout out to the doctor I work for for not allowing us to dress western...it saves me from having to come up with a reason I cannot...I think it could be medical...i'm allergic to boots.

Well...that's it for now...I'll try to come up with something more interesting next time...maybe a dissertation on why I hate peas...ah...maybe not. xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment