Monday, May 2, 2011

as the world turns...turn baby turn



Funny isn't it? The world can change in an instant. Someone you love is wisked away....someone you don't love is wisked away. Death is a part of life...every day you live you're one day closer to dying...depressing huh? Well, depends on how you look at it.


If you know where you're headed, it's all good. Death is just the next step in a journey. Sure, I've never been there before, but it's okay 'cause I trust that God knows where he's taking me...after all he's been preparing it for me, he promised.


Anyway...if you've been reading, you know we lost a favorite resident last week. Her funeral was Saturday and we said goodbye...she looked peaceful...almost a smirk on her face that was so characteristically her. All was well with her soul...


Yesterday, someone else died...can't say that I'll miss him, but it's funny how his death affected the whole world. Yes, I'm sure you've heard by now, Osama was killed. Here's how I found out...I got bored with facebook land, and went to unwind with a friendly game of Angry Birds...Rio no less...and probably played for about 30 minutes or so...all was well with the world when I left facebook land. Well, I decided thereafter to go to bed, but I wanted to check facebook land one more time before I slumbered (I know...it's an addiction which I tried to break by deactivating my account for a time but people thought I was killing myself and it didn't work out, but that's a story for another day)...anyway, I got on facebook and all over was the news.


That's a shocker...All I did was play some Angry Birds and the world changed.


Now, how does this affect me?? Well, it has yet to be seen. I've seen several reactions to the news. Some people are glad he's dead, rejoicing even...some people are mad at Obama now 'cause of some speech I didn't watch (lol)...and still others are scared now. I'm not sure I'm any of these things. Yes, I'm glad the threat is gone, but I dunno if I can cheer over anyone's death. I'm not mad at Obama 'cause I didn't particularly like him to begin with and like I said I didn't watch the speech. Am I scared?? I dunno...not really yet. I mean sure the threat of retalliation is real. But, my God is still in control and if that's how I'm going out, I'm down.


I figure I just keep living my life...after all he "has not given us a spirit of fear"...I kinda hope nothing terrible happens and it would be nice to have a little peace on earth for a while, but I'm not holding my breath. Just waiting...and watching.


xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment