Sunday, June 23, 2013

Curse learning to do things myself.

(Also known as I should have paid attention when people were showing me stuff.)

I pinned a pin to Pinterest. (Like picking a peck of...you know). Basically I got all the supplies to make this floor "pouf" cushion thing. I let the supplies marinate for about a week and then in true me style I decide to do it at 9pm tonight. I'm making this floor cushion. Watch out world!

Basically I shouldn't sew things this late at night because I'm pretty sure it sounds like a machine gun to my neighbors but I was inspired to do it.

This project involved some piping (that cord stuff that goes around stuff and makes it look all official). I officially hate it now. It's hard. I googled it during the week some time and got some pointers. So I pinned all that junk down (after I'd cut my circles and rectangles and all that jazz).
Oh ya buddy. This is an hour of my life ill never get back. Jk. Like 30 minutes but still.

So I remembered reading somewhere that a zipper foot is the way to go with those things. Well I'd accidentally somehow knocked my pedal off last week and figured out (googled) how to put it back so I knew I could get that off no problem. So I opened up my bag of miscellaneous things I don't know what they do and there were more than one pedal in there.  Well poo. I figured out (googled) which one was the zipper foot and changed them out. Now, we're cooking. I started sewing that stuff on. It was awful but I made it. I don't recommend a first piping experience to be round but I digress.


I'm basically at this point feeling super confident that I've got this. I proceed to pinning this straight piece onto the round piece. A little tricky but I still got this. I then put it up to sew it, get about half way around and BAM!!  I dunno who did it but that needle popped in half like it hit steel. 


And...Houston we have a problem. See that's happened before...once. At which point I swiftly got my mommy to fix it for me. Um...my mommy doesn't live here. Ok no biggie. I have google so I pull out my bag of miscellaneous objects again and there a needle with another needle attached to it. Super, a back up needle!  I tried to pull one out but it doesn't come. So I resort back to my advisor (google). Wait, there's a double needle thingy. It hurts my head to think about what that would be for but clearly it's not the two needles I thought I could use separately. 

So basically I have no needle. It's 11:30 at night and I still don't know how to fix it. I'm gonna have to go to the store and buy a needle and then go to google and figure this puppy out. Clearly, my method of fixing things (ie having someone do it for me) only is effective if that person is always here. Darn. I need my mommy!!!

Next on the list of things I need someone to show me is how to string my guitar. I'm ok with looking dumb until someone helps me if I have to change a tire. 

Disclaimer:  I am not a good sewing person. I took home ec once in jr high. I'm just figuring it out as I go so don't judge my stupidity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment